Kerbside Pick Up
Council provides periodical Green Waste and Bulk Waste Collection for residential properties within the town site boundary, in May and November each year.
The Shire of York provides this bulk pick up as a service to assist residents to maintain their properties and to provide a means of disposing of bulk materials.
Council WILL remove
- Garden & green waste (max length 1.5m);
- Old furniture;
- Stoves & refrigerators and other white goods. Note - doors must be removed;
- Car parts. Note - parts must be drained of all fluids;
- General household items, max length 1.5m;
- Metal, wire, etc;
Council WILL NOT Remove:
- Building materials, i.e. bricks, rubble, sand, etc;
- Asbestos & Cement products;
- Renovation & demolition waste;
- Tyres & batteries;
- Hazardous chemicals, paint, etc;
- Metal or plastic chemical drums;
Please Follow These Steps to Make Kerbside Collection easier:
- Place bulk waste NEATLY on the street verge.
- Similar waste to be grouped separately, e.g. green waste furniture/timber for recycling purposes.
- Do no obstruct your normal bin service or footpath.
- Remove fridge doors and drain oil from machinery parts.
Please do not place your bulk waste out until the weekend prior to your collection date. This constitutes littering is liable to incur a penalty.
Collection will occur during the following three days of your collection date.
Any items not removed from your verge must be removed by yourself or a penalty may be incurred.
If you have a specific bulk item (e.g. water tank), contact the Shire office on 9641 2233 for collection details.