Skip to Content

York Recreation Centre Update

Published on Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:06:53 AM

Effective immediately the administration of the York Recreation and Convention Centre (YRCC) is returning to the Shire, thank you for your patience while we transition.

General FAQs

When will a Shire staff member be onsite at the YRCC?

  • Tuesday-Friday: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
  • Monday: By appointment only

Who can I contact?

For more information, please contact:

  • Community & Place Manager:
    • Phone: 0409 906 302
    • Email:
  • Shire Main Office:
    • Phone: (08) 9641 0500
    • Email:

How do we make bookings at the YRCC?

Bookings can be made:

  • In person:
    • At the YRCC during the times specified above
    • At the Shire office (Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
    • At the York CRC (Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
  • By phone: Call (08) 9641 0500 or Mobile:  0407 474 700

I have an existing booking at the YRCC, will this transfer?

  • You will need to contact the Shire to confirm that the booking is in place. Please see the "Who can I contact?" FAQ for contact details.

Gym FAQs

I’m an existing member, does my membership continue?

  • Yes, please contact the Club Development Officer to confirm your details.

Will my gym toggle still work?

  • Yes, however, if you are experiencing difficulties, please contact the Club Development Officer.

How do I join?

  • Membership forms are available from the Club Development Officer, CRC, or Shire offices. Feel free to contact the Club Development Officer to discuss.

Will my bond transfer across?

Yes, if you have paid a bond, there is nothing you need to do. It will automatically be transferred to the Shire.

Bar and Kitchen FAQs

Will the bar and food service be available?

The York Bowling Club's proposal to manage the bar and kitchen was endorsed by the Council at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday, 25 June 2024. We do not yet have a start date.

If you have a function that requires food and/or alcohol services, please contact Sam Good:

  • Phone: 0409 906 302
  • Email:

Clubs FAQs

I'm with an existing club, who do I contact about my licence agreement?
The licence for use is with the Shire, and no changes will be required. If you have any questions, please contact the Club Development Officer.

What do I do if I spot maintenance or cleaning issues?

You can use the "Report It" function on the website or speak to the Club Development Officer.
Link to "Report It" is here

Back to All News